Tuesday 7 February 2012

Padana Pizza


I am so excited to share this recipe with you. I don’t know about any one else but I think the Padana Pizza at Pizza Express is just about the best pizza ever created. Consisting of goats cheese, caramelized red onion and spinach on a thin crust base, I can’t remember a time when I’ve ordered anything other then the Padana. Well, you can imagine my excitement at managing to recreate this delicious pizza at home and for a fraction of the price, I’m pretty much over the moon. The caramelised onions would be delicious with burgers too (don’t tell anyone, but I may have actually eaten quite a bit straight from the pan, they are just so sweet), and the pizza base recipe I followed was quick and simple to make with no resting time required.


Serves 2
Pizza base recipe available here (remember to roll the dough really thin to ensure it crisps up nicely)
-Pizza Toppings-
4 tbsp passata
2 tsp dried oregano
a long round of goats cheese, sliced
caramelised onions (see recipe below)
fresh spinach leaves, wilted
olive oil, to drizzle
1. On the prepared pizza bases, spread the passata and sprinkle with oregano. Add the remaining toppings, drizzling over the olive oil, and bake in the oven for around 10 to 15 minutes, on a high shelf and on a preheated up turned baking tray, at 240C.

-For the Caramelised Onion-
One large red onion, thinly sliced
A large knob of butter
1 ½ tbsp light muscovado sugar
½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the sugar and onions and cook over a low heat. After 15 minutes, add the balsamic vinegar and continue to cook for another 15 minutes or so, until the onions have softened.


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...