Thursday 29 December 2011

Happy Christmas!!


A belated Merry Christmas to you all!! I hope that you have all had a wonderful time, however you choose to celebrate. I am pleased to report that all my culinary related Christmas wishes came true and I am now the proud owner of a red KitchenAid Stand Mixer, as well as numerous baking tins, cutters and icing nibs. I also have 6 new recipe books to add to my now overflowing collection.


As expected, I have eaten a lot of very good food and generally over indulged as in only right during the festive period. My Christmas culinary conquest offerings starts with the Christmas cake that I decorate every Christmas Eve. Penguins, carol singers, flowers and of course Father Christmas have all adorned the top of my cake over the years, but this year I opted for something completely different and created a Christmas Lunch table on my cake. Consisting of a candle centrepiece, turkey, Chistmas Pudding and crackers amongst other things, I created the decorations by moulding marzipan and painting each with food colouring. It’s certainly a conversation starter!!



2 comments:

  1. Is the Kitchenaid mixer really good? It has been suggested to me that I might like one for my 21st, not sure if I can justify it though given the Kenwood would be so much cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Christmas to you! Sounds like you had a great one. I am so jealous of your new kitchenaid mixer! I wanted one for so long, yet Santa didn't bring it to me this year... :(
    Enjoy the rest of the holiday season. Have a wonderful new year.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...