Thursday 7 July 2011

Really Easy White Chocolate Sauce


Another post made up ahead. Yes, I’m still on holiday. Fingers crossed I’m beautifully bronzed by now, and haven’t got too fat on all the lovely Turkish bread and beer that I will have no doubt feasted on.

My Mum took Ben and I to the new Cote Restaurant that has just opened in Bath before we went on holiday, a delicious meal was had by all and I can thoroughly recommend the duck. Mum opted for the Iced Summer Berries with a Warm White Chocolate Sauce for pudding, and we all agreed that it was the perfect simple, relatively good for you summer dessert. I decided to recreate the pud at home by using slightly defrosted raspberries and making the sauce from scratch, which is just so easy, and takes under five minutes. Perfect with fruit, I’m entirely sure the sauce would go nicely with cakes, crumbles and ice creams too.

Serves 4
100g white chocolate (I used Green and Blacks)
1 tsp vanilla extract
250ml double cream
  1. Put all of the ingredients into a small saucepan and melt over a low heat.
  2. Whisk together until the mixture has thickened and gone glossy.
  3. Serve immediately.

Culinary Know How: FRESHER
Budget: UNDER £2
Kitchen Requirements: SMALL SAUCEPAN, WHISK.



Find more delicious desserts over at Sweet As Sugar Cookies, where this recipe is linked along with heaps of others!


2 comments:

  1. Mmm, I bet that white chocolate sauce would be good on anything. Give me a spoon! I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till tomorrow night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your chocolate sauce up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/07/sweets-for-saturday-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of iced berries with warm chocolate sauce and yours look's lovely! Are you also a fellow Brighton food blogger??!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...