Sunday 15 May 2011

Curry Night


It was no mean feat getting everyone on my course together between holidays and the start of exams, but I managed it and the result was plenty of curry and cake. Managing to fit 8 people round my small table was also quite a challenge, considering I only have 4 actual chairs (a coffee table, step ladder and guitar amp made good alternatives). I started off by making two chutneys, coriander and mango, to dip poppadoms into, which went down very well if I do say so myself. I went on to make Sophie Dahl’s Dad’s Chicken Curry, brilliantly easy to make with a very delicate flavour making it suitable for all, while my friend Lydia rustled up a veggie option. Clean plates all round. And what did I get in return? 4 cakes, including 2 chocolate fudge cakes; don’t I have lovely generous friends.


-Coriander Chutney-
Makes one ramekin
One large handful of coriander, roughly chopped
½ red onion, roughly chopped
1 green chille
1 tsp cumin seeds
juice of ½ a lime
1 tsp light brown sugar
pinch of salt
  1. Put all of the ingredients, apart from the coriander, into a blender and blend to a coarse paste.
  2. Add the coriander and blend to a fine paste.
  3. Check to see if you need any more salt.

Culinary Know How: FRESHER
Budget: CORIANDER CHUTNEY – UNDER £1.50, FOR THE WHOLE MEAL - £3 MEAT EATERS/£2 NON MEAT EATERS
Kitchen Requirements: CORIANDER CHUTNEY - BLENDER, RAMEKIN.

CAKE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...