Saturday 5 March 2011

Sausages with Rosemary Mash and Onion Gravy


I don’t think there is any meal that epitomizes comfort food much better then bangers and mash. Even in its simplest form, fried sausages with Smash and Bisto, it still tastes brilliant (at least I think so!!). However, with a few tweaks this classic dish can be transformed into gastro pub grub. On this occasion I had lots of leftover rosemary so went for a herby mash, but adding a knob of butter or spoonful of mustard, or mixing with celeriac or sweet potato are also great ways to enhance your mash.


I followed this recipe, originally from the ‘Student Cookbook’, and chose to fry my sausages, although the healthier option would be to grill or bake.

Culinary Know How: FRESHER
Budget: UNDER £4
Kitchen Requirements: LARGE SAUCEPAN, SMALL SAUCEPAN, FRYING PAN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...