Tuesday 1 March 2011

Lemon Drizzle Cake


Last night Ben and I went to see True Grit, and due to the extortionate price of cinema food, I decided to make my own snacks to munch on during the film. I went for the very healthy combination of cheese straws and lemon drizzle cake, the cake being something I’d wanted to try for a while now. I followed a very simple BBC Good Food recipe, the only change I made was to add the zest of two lemons, rather then one, as I like my cake extra lemony. Although the drizzle was more transparent then I had hoped it created a lovely crust. The cake is heavy, crammed with sugar and butter and drenched in lemon juice, but I suppose this is what makes it so tasty. And the film was good too!!


Culinary Know How: FRESHER
Budget: UNDER £3
Kitchen Requirements: LARGE MIXING BOWL, LOAF TIN, BAKING PARCHMENT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...