Monday 21 February 2011

Macaroons


I thought these were a disaster right up until the moment I tried one. Luckily they redeemed themselves in the tasting. I’ve loved macaroons ever since I walked past the beautiful Laduree patisserie in St. Germain, Paris. The first time I saw the edible rainbow of these sugary concoctions I was smitten. However, the price tag isn’t quite so inviting, making them a rare treat. I have always been keen to try making my own, but very apprehensive, hearing plenty of horror stories. I decided to give the Lorraine Pascale recipe a go as they seemed pretty straightforward. The only problems I encountered were making the sugar and water mixture turn syrupy and getting the mixture (which I don’t think was thick enough) into the piping bag. I also left them in the oven longer then prescribed because they appeared gooey on the underneath. I gave up on trying to cook them after about half an hour and went ahead with assembling them once they had cooled, and after tasting them I realised that they were probably supposed to be this way!!


Culinary Know How: 2nd YEAR
Budget: UNDER £5
Kitchen Requirements: LARGE MIXING BOWL, SMALL BOWL, ELECTRIC WHISK, SMALL PAN, PIPING BAG AND 1CM NOZZLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...