Monday 24 January 2011

My First Kitchen Disaster (and a good Guacamole)


It was all going great until I got it to the pan. My beautiful handcrafted quesadillas, stuffed with spring onions and red pepper, shredded left over chicken and heaps of mature cheddar, were just too perfect. The heat was too high and my flipping skills to slow, the first ended up all charred and the majority of the second ended up on the hob. Luckily, the partially raw materials still tasted pretty good, especially with the addition of my homemade guacamole, my best yet, and some shop bought salsa. If you fancy trying where I failed, the quesadilla recipe I used can be found at Jamie Oliver’s website. The guacamole recipe on the other hand can be found below.


1 large ripe avocado
1 large tomato, diced
Juice of 1 lemon
1 small garlic clove, crushed
Salt and black pepper
  1. Scoop out the flesh of the avocado and mash with a fork in a bowl. Stir in the tomato, juice and garlic, and add seasoning.
  2. Mix all the ingredients together, check the seasoning, and eat within 2 days.

Culinary Know How: FRESHER
Budget: UNDER £2
Kitchen Requirements: A BOWL AND A FORK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...