Wednesday 19 January 2011

A Christmas Interlude


Although not strictly related to cooking, I thought I must include this Christmas’ cake decorating effort. It is a tradition of mine to have festive red and green fingertips dyed by food colouring come Christmas Eve Night. I feel that this years theme was a little more mature then previously, which have included Santa and reindeers, choirboys round Christmas trees, and mantelpieces adorned with present stuffed stockings. The cake is shop bought, as is the marzipan, which is shaped (the candle and flame is affixed to the cake with wooden toothpicks) and then painted with food colourings. This year I added a showering of gold dust to the candle and flowers to make it even more festive, and I am rather pleased with the result. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...